October 27, 2009
Some of My Favorite Rules
The website 1001 rules for my unborn son got me thinking about some of the rules I have for my life. Thought I would put down my own and list some of my favorite from 1001.
- –There is always time for a lemonade stand.
- –Perfect at least one recipe, steak doesn’t count.
- –Obstacles are ways of demonstrating our dedication.
- –Don’t complain, just work harder.
- –Take the new guy out to lunch.
- –Never swing at the first pitch.
- –Carry a pocket knife.
- –Learn from criticism.
- –X never, ever, ever makes the spot.
- #394: Try to lose the adverbs. Seriously.
- # 325: When excusing yourself from the table, you need not give a reason.
- # 270: Stand up to bullies. You’ll only have to do it once.
- # 238: Read before bed every night.
- # 231: Keep your passport current.
- # 230: Become an expert in something.
- # 206: Never turn down a girl’s invitation to dance.
- # 201: Order the local specialty.
- # 189: Learn to drive a stick shift.
- # 77: Never side against your brother in a fight.
- # 76: Memorize the Bill of Rights and your favorite poem.
- # 28: Keep your eye on the ball and follow through. In sports and in life.
- #9: Stand up for the little guy
- #5: Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.
- #3: When shaking hands, grip firmly and look him in the eye.
posted by Bobby Rockers • • No Comments