Another link dump building up over time in my browser history.
- Linux Daemon How-To
- shunit – xUnit test framework for bash
- bats – bash Tap test framework for bash
- Roundup – Bug finder and unit test framework for bash
- ttyrec – Command line recorder, and playback program. Here is the github page.
- Node.js Debugging Documentation – Again with the bugs.
- Talking Serial in Node.js
- Execution in the Land of Nouns – Great explanation of why Java developers seem to cause me so many headaches. Functional vs Object Oriented design decisions.
- Express REPL – If your programming language doesn’t have a REPL you are doing it wrong.
- Restify – Build correct RESTful web-services in Node.js
- MEAN stack with Couchdb – Tutorial using MEAN, Angular, and Express to build a Couchdb based web application.
- Authentication REST API – Using Angular and Node to create a RESTful API for authentication.
- Node.js Linux App Deployment – High level overview of getting your Node app running on Linux (CentOS or Ubuntu).
- Starting a startup Video series
- git.io Programmatic Interface
- Alerts best practices
- Mirage OS – Mini-VM images for running single process servers instances (i.e. static webpages.)
- CMkae – Probably what I should have done instead of building and autoconfig setup.
- Vim HTML 101 – Baiscs on doing html design with VIm.
- Structure & Interpretation of Computer Programming – The classic work now available for free online.
- Crypto 101 – Walk though of all the basic software development building blocks cryptography. Create your own block cipher, and then hack it… etc.
- CPU Flamegraphs – Amazing way to display system utilization to debug process intensive application stacks. It is aways awesome what the right display allows you to see.
- SICP – Why is it still important. A commentary on the most important computer science class ever developed.
- MIT OpenCourseware – Freely available classes from the most important Software Engineering school in the history of the world. No 36 ACT required.
- Imperative vs Declarative – Good overview between the differences of the two methodologies. Particularly aimed at non-science engineers.
- Functional Programming in 5 Minutes – Or more accurately, some functional programming concepts in about 15 minutes.
- The CHECKS Pattern – Information integrity and data verification inside form submissions.
- Getting Things Done in 15 minutes – Nice guide to getting started with GTD.
- Cyph – Encrypted private text and video chat. Perfect for executive teams and foreign dignitaries.
- Debt Supercycle vs Secular Stagnation – A generalised theory on the cause of global economic slowdowns. This is NOT a 2 minute bullshit explanation from a politician.
- Project Management Track – A Cousera Introduction to Project Management track I am looking at for training up some co-workers interested in pursuing a PMP.
After 15 years of trying to beat this game without using spoilers I have given up. Here are some of the more useful links I have found.