May 24, 2004
I have been getting inquiries into my opinion of President Bush and, more specifically, why I am probably not going to be voting for him. I have a article I am currently writing that will delve into more details concerning my current political leanings but for now here is the short list. Things that Bush has done that bother me:
- No Child Left Behind – Because its unconstitutional.
- Medicare Reform Act – Because its the largest entitlement program in 30 years.
- Legal Status for Illegal immigrants – Because you don’t reward illegal behavior.
- McCain-Feingold – Because it made it illegal for me to express negative views about a candidate during certain parts of an election.
- Patriot Act I – Because it trampled on the rights that it was suppost to protect.
- Patriot Act II – See above.. only worse.
- Ashcroft rewards Microsoft for being a monopoly – Because Teddy Roosevelt is rolling over in his grave.
- American citizens as enemy combatants – Because the constitution is suppost to protect ALL citizens of the US. Regardless of our crimes.
- Deficit spending – Because Republicans used to be considered fiscally responsible.
Things that Bush has done that don’t bother me:
- The War in Iraq – Everyone thought they had WMD. Think 9/11 with mustard gas.
- Tax cuts – I don’t have a problem with tax cuts, just with excessive spending.
- The economy – Anyone who gives Bush a hard time about the economy is either an ignorant fool or trying to score political points. The economy is the one thing Bush handled VERY well.
- World displeasure with the US – Its not the job of the President to do what is best for the world; just for the USA. When was the last time France acted in the best interest of the US?