- This weekend, OU looked like OU again! Unfortunately OSU looked like OSU again as well… #
- This may be the most controversial tweet I have ever made but here it goes… Tabs NOT spaces! #
Human pain does not let go of its grip at one point in time. Rather, it works its way out of our consciousness over time. There is a season of sadness. A season of anger. A season of tranquility. A season of hope.–Robert Veninga
I was on my way to work when I heard about the first plane. I remember thinking it was probably an accident, like the plane impact on the Empire State building. I passed by Tinker Air Force Base on the way; it was guarded but nothing too crazy. The second plan crashed into the second building and I remember thinking that we would be going to war with someone. I called my wife and told her not to leave home. Being a state employee they told us to go home ourselves. Passed by Tinker again… there was a tank, several 50mm Brownings, and lots of concrete barricades. I almost enlisted right there but they wouldn’t let any non-military traffic into the base (my wife didn’t find out about that till a couple years later… she was not happy.)
I got home, hugged my wife and daughter, and cried…
- FYI… if you didn't already know. PrimaCafe is much MUCH better than Starbucks. Much! #
- NPR just told me that a pair of running shoes has a "water footprint" of 2100 gallens. Makes me want to go running! #
- Every time I hear a presentation from RSA, I come away absoluyely convinced that I don't them anywhere near my data! #
- Any aspiring writers ever read, "save the cat"? #
- At McDonnalds and the guy behind me almost brushed me 6 or 7 times. I know I abuse personell space, but come-on! #
Anyone who believes that government is good (as opposed to a necessary evil) is at best delusional, and at worst dangerous.
Ever year I talk my wife’s ear off about College Football. Not that anyone who knows me didn’t already assumes I talk my wife’s ear off. One of the re-occurring topics that I cover every single year with her is “my favorite College Football uniforms.” So here is my top 10 list.
- Penn State – Home uniform (blue and white.) Clean, simple, and easily the best looking team on the field when they are at home. Penn State is the gold standard of College Football uniforms. Wannabe look-alike: Georgia Southern.
- Notre Dame – Home uniform (blue and gold.) Maybe I like dark blue but seriously, how can you not love a uniform that needs no logo on it’s helmet and has actual gold mixed into the color. Wannabe look-alike: Notre Dame… in green.
- Oklahoma – Home uniforms (Crimson and Cream.) Oh common, you knew this was coming. The simple logo, the striking colors, and the lack of unnecessary shoulder or helmet stripes. Classic, simple, and gorgeous! Wannabe look-alike: Alabama. OK, maybe it should be Alabama withe OU the wannabe, but this is MY list and OU crimson is waaaaaay better than boring old Alabama crimson. Plus I have ALWAYS hated the number on the helmet thing!
- Michigan – Home uniform (maze and blue.) The winged helmet is classic and the colors are bold without being annoying. Wannabe look-alike: Delaware.
- Auburn – Home uniforms ( orange and blue.) If you have to have tons of stripes on your uniform, you would be hard pressed to do it as well as Auburn. I love these colors together. The simple logo helps their cause as well. Wannabe look-alike: Illinois.
- Army – Special events home uniforms (black and camo!) Seriously, have you seen these uniforms? They are amazing! I mean, do you really want to play football against a team that looks like they could pull out AR-15’s right after the game. I would give a wannabe but I can’t think of anyone, anywhere, that look like them.
- Texas – Home uniforms (burnt orange and white.) It is really really hard to pull off looking good in orange. Texas is the only team that I know of that can do it. Wannabe look-alike: Tennessee.
- Navy – Home uniforms (blue and gold.) Solid color helmets really do wonders for a uniform. Navy is basically another one of those “classic” uniforms. I really love blue and gold for football.
- USC – Away uniforms (cardinal, gold, and white) I hate USC, but I have to admit that they look dang good. One of the few teams that looks better away than at home, the white adds something to the color scheme for me. Good looking logo as well. But I still hate them! Wannabe look-alike: Minnesota.
- Georgia Southern – Yes, I know I just complained about the numbers on the helmets, but Georgia Southern does it in BLUE!
And Just because they probably need to be smacked. Here are a few of the worst.
- Air Force
- Boise State
- Rhodes Island